16 Mar 2013

Never ending quest to perfect pale skin

First of all I'd like to say hello to all my new followers, hello! Secondly I'd just like like to say I've had a very busy, quite stressful week at work with a few late nights. So this week I had all these plans of things to make and to share with you my amazing new dresses that I've bought, but none of this happened, so hopefully I'll get that sorted over weekend! So for tonight I've managed to snap a few photos to do a product review! I never thought I'd do these but I feel I should share because lately I've been addicted to the make up sections in stores!



Every now and again I go through this phase of wanting to be pale. Basically if you went back two months I'd have been sat here with a perfect golden brown (fake) tan, when naturally I am pale, very pale. So pale in fact I have trouble finding foundation to as pale as me, the "porcelain" shades in foundation are normally too dark on me. So I now and again to get this urge to embrace my porcelain skin and dark hair but the thing is I don't have the best skin, so when I ditch the tan every single mark on my face can be seen meaning I'm back to slapping the fake tan on! However I have been tan free for over a month (feel like I'm at an AA meeting) and have started a skin regime. 
I saw this Superdrug Naturally Radiant range in stores a few weeks ago, and it was on offer for half price so everything was at the £3 mark, I thought I'd give it a try even though all creams normally make me break out or get a rash. This however I was pleasantly surprised with, I have been using the cleansing hot cloth cleanser which is a cleanser that comes with a muslin cloth to remove the cleanser followed by either the night cream or day cream. My skin is looking a lot better, marks are fading and my skin is looking brighter and not like I look like I've just been dug up. It's also keeping my dry skin moisturised, has a light nice scent and a smooth texture. I've also got the brightening radiance balm, which I'm yet to use properly yet as I have been using the day cream, but this claims to have light reflecting particles in, to make your skin instantly appear brighter. The small tube is for under the eyes, I've noticed my eyes dont look as puffy when I wake up, which is always good! Overall I will be buying the night, day and cleansing cream again, it's nice to be having fresh looking skin for once, tan free and not looking like a corpse! 


Now onto all the make up I have bought to help me in my quest to radiant looking fair skin. It's a lot harder work I think being tan free, my skin tone isnt even, you can see dark circles and I can end up looking pretty washed out and ill where as when wearing fake tan it kinda hides everything.

1. L'oreal True match foundation in Ivory, I've gone through many pale foundations and often find them too pinky for my skin tone or end up looking really dry and flakey on me. This however is the best I've ever had, its a perfect match, which Ive never had, it blends great and even though its for fair skin covers any marks great without looking dry! It also has quite a runny consistency which is great for blending and doesnt make me feel like i have a thick layer of foundation on.

2. Revlon Photoready primer, Im not sure about this at all, I wore it one day and my make up lasted all day without coming off but my foundation didnt blend as good when I first put it on. Today I put it on 20 mins after applying my face cream and had to wipe my foundation off, my face looked so dry and gathered above my eyebrows etc, I'm not sure if it was because I'd used my face cream or just the actual primer, I'd like to know if anyone else has used this what they think?

3. Look Double hit lip, this lipstick comes with a matching gloss at the other side. The lipstick is alright, its not as good as Sleek or Collection which as a lipstick lover I swear by collection. The lip gloss however made my lips feel odd and smelt like kiddys lipgloss, it just felt like I'd put on a really cheap lip gloss. I bought this on offer for  £3.75 and is normally £7! Absolute waste of money, I'll probably just throw it in a draw and never use it again.

4. Barry M hi shine, I dont think this nail varnish is any more shiney then normal, however, the colour is really strong and solid and only starts chipping after 5 days! Really worth it for that!

 Mua make up splurge

Mua have a new range out called undress your skin and just like their normal range the packaging is awful plain and cheap, I hate it! I just want to get my hands on it and give them some pretty design to wack on it! I don't see why they cant, it's meant to be of make up artist standard even if it is sold super cheap, so reflect the quality of the product!! But packaging aside their new range is designed to help you create the natural look, and I have to say, I'm impressed! The eyeshadow palette is really good, I wear browns all the time and always use their eyeshadows so I really couldn't say no to another one for just £3! Colour lasts all day and is great for blending. The powder highlighter is great! I mean it is amazing! You hardly ever see highlighters anywhere, so when I saw this I got very excited. It has the same colour as Benefit's high beam liquid high lighter which I have just ran out of, however I much prefer this as i can run a tiny bit all over my face to help create that more radiant look on my fair skin like I would with a bronzer if I had my tan on. I also bought a concealer in "fair" I've never been able to find a good pale concealar, or they're normally too dark, this one however matches perfectly and covers up really nicely, its not real thick so I don't end up with a different texture to my foundation. The pen laid down is an under eye illuminator, I normally use benefit for under my eyes however this I would probably carry around in my hand bag instead of my under eye cover and oh la la, its slightly darker then my skin tone but the light shimmer to it helps blend it out and does make your eyes appear lighter. Lastly I bought the pro base fixer spray, I've never tried a fixing spray, I'm guilty for spraying hair spray on my face! This however is really good, not only does it keep my make up on all day ( I am a serious face toucher) it also helps soak in my makeup when I've just applied it and gives it a slight dewy effect, I would recommend spraying it before applying mascara though, or else you do end up looking like a panda. I do think its great though and don't know how I've survived all this time without it!

Overall I am slowly beginning to love the natural me now that I am finding products to enhance my natural skin tone, and quite like having white bras for once! Here's to another month tan free. 
Are you an english rose? Let me know what make up you use to enhance your porcelain skin!

Natasha x
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Yaa the packing looks as if it has had a bit of a downgrade rather!
    I saw your post on the Company feed.
    Would love to follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know with a comment and I always follow back!
    You have a great blog and I love your style of writing!
    Love G xx

    www.supercalafashionistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Georgia! I've given you a follow on bloglovin! and i prefer the mua range in white when compared to the other eye palettes I have of theirs, I think its because a lot of cheap quality make up is just basic black, so stands out a bit more, however its still rubbish, and today I was putting on my new highlighter and was thinking this really is really good, why dont you look prettier!? haha!!
    much love
    Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Superdrug range is soooo good. Love the hot cloth cleanser, I use mine religiously and my skin has never looked so good! It's so cheap too, considering some hot cloth kits are sooo expensive.I use the eye cream too, I like it a lot. MUA is the best, I love their eye shadow's!

    I am so pale! Beyond pale haha. I use Boots stay perfect in deeply ivory and I loves it. :) Great piccies!

    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try these products! I'm also very very pale and I never know whether to slap on the tan or to embrace it, great tips!

    problemsofapoorgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have pale skin and very dark hair too. It is very hard trying to get flawless looking skin when you're so pale! I Will definitely be giving these products a try before I give in to the fake tan again for Summer! Lovely blog also :--)

    x

    http://oliviamariamiller.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ladiess! I went into boots today and tried that foundation Susanne and it was way too dark for me haha! Superdrug range is great, ive just bought the face mask in the same range and its made me look quite fresh!
    I would just like to add to this review the MUA undress your skin flawless primer, its amazing it really helps my foundation and right now its only £3! and i've actually gone and bought more to have in!
    I think with us milky girls its all about highlighting and making sure we have some good eye make up going on and a hint of colour on our lips or else all our features just blend into each other. I find with a tan I have a really good face structure and look older, when im pale I look chubby and younger, so i need to recreate that definition with highlighters and make sure my features stand out. I think with dark hair as well you need to play on it and make your eyebrows darker and filled (more 1960's less towie) so your pale skin is a feature. oh and Im still searching to find the perfect product to create that perfect dewy effect so if anyone has anything they use please let me know!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm crazy pale as well and I love it! I've never found a foundation that matches, they are all too dark and too pinky! The key I've found, for me, is t find the lightest shade of foundation in the right undertone, even if that's still too dark. Then I carefully apply a green corrector concealer over top nd blend, blend, blend! If you apply too much it's super washy, but done right, it's perfect! I recommend giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete

© Natasha Harrison. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig