21 Apr 2013

Barry M nail art pen review



I've been doing nail art since I was about 12, and have tried A LOT of techniques (I hate nail foils)  so the other week when I saw these Barry M nail art pens I thought "urghh" they're going to be those rubbish metal nibbed get clogged pens but no I was wrong! They are like felt tip pens, they are amazing! They come in 4 colours, pink, white, silver and black I bought them all except the silver. They are so easy to use because it is just like using a felt tip pen. You don't end up with big blobs coming out and you don't have to apply a lot of pressure to make them work. My hands were a bit shakey but you could only see it on my nails if you looked closely. One thing though is make sure you use a top coat because if not it will just rub off, and if you are nervous about using them try them on paper first. These are by far the easiest way to create your own nail art. 



 To get the look above all you need to do is paint a base coat, I used a barry m gelly one as the gelly ones always have a stronger pigment I think, then with the black pen randomly draw lines across your nails making sure some lines cross ( you can see this in the first pic ) then with the pink and white colour in some of the shapes that are created by the lines crossing, making sure you dont colour shapes next to each other in the same colour. If you wanted you could go back over it once its dried to create a stronger colour, as thats what I did. Then finish with a clear top coat to stop it rubbing off and voila that's it you have an eye catching design that is easy to do! 




SHARE:

5 comments

  1. These pens look so easy to use! The bow design is my favourite!

    aredlipneverdates.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i prefer the bow! its more my style! xx

      Delete
  2. I was thinking about trying these as my hands can be a bit shaky, I love the first design you did!
    How easy did you find them to use in the opposite hand that you would write with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I found it quite easy, but then im not that bad with my left when i do my nails, i find that i tend to hold the pen in my left hand and kinda say if im doing lines on my right thumb nail, i move my thumb under the pen rather then the pen and only lightly. I seemed to do just this naturally rather then moving the pen like i do when doing the left if that made sense? and they do sell a corrector pen :) x

      Delete
    2. Cheers, that's a great idea! I rely on corrector pens! Thank You :)

      Delete

© Natasha Harrison. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig