15 May 2013

Carboot findings







After much debate at the weekend I decided to get my lazy bum out of bed and go to a few carboot sales. It was a nice morning and I was quite enjoying having my own little outing. I bought a few records for my boyfriend including the jungle book soundtrack, which I thought was awesome! However that is not what made my day but the amazing items pictured above. I managed to get my hands on this amazing fully working 1950's camera above for the grand price of £6, after buying the box camera at the vintage fair I was excited to find this. It even came with it's case and instructions, it's beautiful, vintage and nostalgic and I'm in love with it. I can't wait to purchase some film and use this along with my other 1950's camera. I also bought a victorian cigar box with a "Hull" label which is where I live so was very pleased to purchase this for a few pounds, along with some 100 year old bottles that also had Hull on. I lastly got all the documents that I've put in the box, which included WW2 ration books, coupons, identity card and a 1960's drivers license. I love anything like this, and one day when I have my own home I hope to have items like this cleverly placed around my house with bright bold quirky furniture! Do you goto carboots and are you ever drawn to items like these? and do any of you use old cameras? I'd love to know! 

Much love Natasha x


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. this is a super cool post. i love old vintagey bits like this.


    love your blog :)
    www.fashionfumblings.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) me too im obsessed! xx

      Delete
  2. Wowee wowee! This makes me want to go to a carboot sale so badly!

    Thank you for your lovely photos,

    Louise xx

    sprinkleofglitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh no thank you for reading! xx

      Delete
  3. what fabulous finds and what beautiful photos!! I just found your wonderful blog via the bbunch blog hop, and all I have to say is I love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :) I shall be blog hopping tonight! xx

      Delete
  4. Yes! I love your finds! I hope to get up and go to more car boots! Never seem to have the energy but this is motivation enough!
    Found you on the bbunch blog - following you now!!
    Robyn viav x vintageisavirtue blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it if you get some amazing finds but sometimes its just all rubbish! Love your blog too! following now :D xx

      Delete
  5. I have obviously underestimated car-boot sales! Amazing finds.
    Found you on the bbunch blog hop! :) (very glad I did!)

    http://dolcebeautyx.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I'm so glad this blog hop came about, love your blog! x

      Delete
  6. Glad you found me on the blog hop :)
    Your blog has some amazing photos, I love a good old car boot sale although if i'm honest i usually just come back with a bunch of 50p DVDs but still nice having a good old rummage.
    Now following.
    Sammie
    Little BLonde Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! Especially the camera, I'm definitely going to be keeping my eye out for car boot sales near me(: xo
    www.heavenlyclutter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow just found your blog and I love love love the design! ^o^ Itssopreettyy! Xx
    How on earth do you find amazing things like this at a carboot? All the ones I've been to are full of crockery, jigsaw puzzles and old videos!
    Nora xx

    hello-you-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to get out more and find things like this. So jealous of your camera! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

© Natasha Harrison. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig